Restore Your Gum Health And Protect Your Smile!
Keep Your Mouth Healthy With Gum Disease Treatment in Encinitas & Escondido
The best way to prevent gum disease is through healthy oral hygiene habits and regular dental cleanings in our office. Sometimes, however, gum disease treatment is necessary to get a patient’s smile back on track. Our dentists’ years of experience combined with our advanced technology equipment will ensure you get the care you need to restore your gums to health. Here’s what you can expect after treatment for gum disease:
- Healthier, cleaner gums
- Prevention of more extensive dental problems
- Reduced levels of bacteria in your mouth
- Confidence when speaking with others
- More pleasant breath
Symptoms of gum disease are not always obvious. Call either of our two convenient locations today to schedule an exam. Our Encinitas, CA office 760-576-2214 is on Second Street, not far from the beach. Our Escondido, CA office 760-477-0338 is off Valley Parkway, just down the road from Frances Ryan Park.
Learn About Treatment Options for Your Gums
If we find gum disease in your mouth, we have different levels of treatment available, depending on your needs and the severity of the disease:
- Hygiene counseling. Our dental hygienists are great at educating our patients on good oral hygiene habits to prevent gum disease and maintain a healthy smile.
- Scaling and root planing. This deep cleaning procedure gently removes pockets of harmful bacteria between the tooth roots and gums. We then smooth out the roots to help prevent bacteria from re-collecting on your teeth.
- Periodontal plastic surgery. Advanced gum disease may require surgically removing damaged tissue. We may also have to reconstruct portions of your gums and surrounding tissue to protect your teeth from further damage. To help prevent discomfort, we offer sedation dentistry.