It’s November. So we’re in the thick of the fall sports season. You know your child needs dental protection when they’re on the field or court. But you may not be giving them the protection they need if you buy a mouthguard from the sporting goods store. A custom-made sports mouthguard is the best way to keep their teeth safe.
In the meantime, see some reasons you’ll get the best results from a custom-made guard:
- Perfect Fit – When you get a mouthguard from a store, it’ll require a “boil-and-bite” process to – in theory – modify it to fit your child’s mouth. In reality, the results typically aren’t great. A custom guard is made using impressions of your child’s teeth. It stays in place and is less likely to get knocked out.
- Better Materials – Your dentist uses more durable materials for a custom-made mouthguard. It can take the knocks and stand up to heavy wear. Different sports require different levels of protection. We’ll make sure your child gets what they need to safeguard their teeth.
- Less Obtrusive – Since a custom guard is less bulky than one purchased at the store, it will be easier for your child to breathe and speak while wearing it. It’s much more comfortable too, so your child is less likely to “forget” to wear it.
- Lasts Longer – With a custom fit, your child is less likely to chew on or mouth their guard to keep it in. This means it typically lasts longer.
- Can Be Customized – We can have the mouthguard made in your team’s colors. We can also make sure the fit can accommodate braces or other orthodontia, if needed.